LIFE HERE IN ITALY IS AN ADVENTURE. I HAVE CREATED THIS BLOG TO SHARE OUR ADVENTURES WITH YOU! ENJOY!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Still here, still blessed.

It is so hard to find time to write.  I guess you can tell that much. ha!  However, as I sit here sipping my cozy chamomile tea, listening to the children laughing and playing, and hearing Rob's voice as he talks to a friend, I realize that although our life is constantly moving with so many things going on, I am so blessed and I wouldn't trade my busy schedule for anyone else's busy schedule.  Busy to me is waking up, feeding the kids, schooling the kids, taking the kids to any appointments or activities they may have, feeding them lunch, going on family bicycle rides and runs, cooking dinner, and sitting down with our whole family AT the kitchen table (unless it's Saturday and then we sit down and watch football while we eat).  So, my busy, is a FUN busy.  I am so thankful for EVERY single minute that I spend with these wonderful people that I am so blessed to call my family.  :)  It's not always easy, but it always seems to work.  God has been good. 
Tuesdays are especially special for us.  We have the privilege of getting together with other families who also have our busy schedule  :).   The kids are able to fellowship, play, and learn with other children who are homeschooled.  It is actually quite a large group too.  I have the greatest privilege of being able to fellowship with other moms who share my same struggles, who can encourage me, and who, sometimes,  I can encourage also.  ;)   If you imagine having many, many, many children together (a lot of those being boys who are just as sweet and special as my Hunter & Fisher), with less than half our normal "teaching staff" (about 5 or 6 moms), teaching 5 classes, PLUS morning pledge & devotion, snack time, lunch, bowling, and praise & prayer time all packed in to the hours of 9-3, you would think that would be a chaotic and stressful day.  Guess what?!  We had a FANTABULOUS time.  The kids were so good, we were ON SCHEDULE (Praise the Lord!),  I didn't hear any of our wonderful mothers on the teaching staff complaining about lack of help or misbehaving kids, or anything about too much stress....nope!  God just worked it all out for us and gave us an extra special day today.  I have a special blessing of being able to sit in as an assistant teacher for the middle school and highschool kids for their "History of Christianity" class.  Let me challenge you here - if you don't know the history of Christianity, why we believe what we believe, what happened through time after Jesus ascended back to Heaven, the countless people who gave their lives WILLINGLY, their stories, the outcome of the martrydom, how Christianity flourished through the Christians sacrificing their lives, and how the church we know was established, you really, no...REALLY should dig this information up.  Such a blessing.  Now, as for today, our regular teacher, Bro. Rob (not my Rob), was absent.  I found out yesterday evening that I would have the honor of teaching this class today.  If you knew how intelligent Mr. Rob is and how much I disliked reading History in highschool, you would have understood my fears last night.  I put on my best smile and the Lord told me something like "I got this."   We began by discussing the heresies of Arius, who said that Jesus could not have been "IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD".  We then moved on to discussing Athanasius, who disputed the teachings of Arius, and who taught the divine nature of God and the Trinity.  We followed that up with discussing the work of Jerome as he translated the Bible into Latin (from which we get our translations today).  We related these examples to the importance of us examining the Scriptures to know what we believe and why we believe it so we are not led astray by false prophets and their teachings that are contrary to the Word of God.  We learned that FACT, BELIEF, and TRUTH are all very different unless what you believe is TRUTH.  Fact, although it seems accurate sometimes, may not be accuarate at all.  It was a FACT before, in history books, that raw meat produced flies.  We know that flies lay eggs on meat, and that is, in fact, where the flies come from.  The meat itself did not produce flies.  Fact can change as our knowledge increases and as information changes.  BELIEF does not amount to much if what you believe is a lie.  Some BELIEVE there is a place of limbo after death, a place called purgatory.  Just because someone BELIEVES this, doesn't mean it is truth.  In fact, once death comes, TRUTH will be revealed, but then it is too late to change your belief.  It is important to check your BELIEF against TRUTH and see if they match.  If not, you may want to change your BELIEF and accept TRUTH.  This begs the question, "What is TRUTH?" John 14:6 says, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  Truth is constant; unchanging.  Hebrews 13:8 tells us "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever."  How do we find Jesus Christ?  Through the Word of  God. 
I was pretty excited after our class.  I had the help and wisdom of a very Godly young man in our class.  It was encouraging to see that there are still Godly teenagers being raised in the world we live in.  It encouraged me to press on with my children and to make sure they don't just take what I say as TRUTH; I want them to check it out for themselves.  You should too!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment